Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Night at the Theater

So my most recent night at the theater was this past Saturday night when I went to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. While roaming around Times Square for hours (to get student rush tickets you need to get there fairly early) went to a diner, a candy store, a few tourist shops and... met Rachelle Rak and Neil Patrick Harris!!

I was eating dinner at some diner across the street from Catch Me if You Can in hopes of running into Aaron Tveit and spotted Rachelle Rak walking down the street. (For those of you who don't know who Rachelle Rak is, you're deeply missing out, she's one of the Catch Me dancers as well as Cheryl Ann... something, the playboy call girl in the show, among many other things) Then, she came right into the diner that I was eating in and sat in a booth not far from me. Finally, after freaking out and summoning courage (aka forcing my friends to join me), I went up to her and told her how wonderful she is in Catch Me If You Can. She was so sweet. She was in the middle of eating and listening to her iPod right before her second show for the day, but still stopped what she was doing, stood up, asked our names, and spoke to me and my friends for a bit!

After leaving the diner, I spotted Neil Patrick Harris walking down the street. As he was passing my friends and me, one of the blurted out, "Oh my god. Are you Neil Patrick Harris?!" He responded sweetly, "Uh, yeah." and kept walking. As he was walking away she screamed "I love How I Met Your Mother!" and he looked back, thanked us and smiled.

T'was a crazy day :)

1 comment: