Friday, May 20, 2011

Retraction on Daniel Radcliffe/Part 2 at the "How to Succeed" Stage door

So, because it was not ideal to switch off with the How to Succeed playbill for the rest of our lives, my friend and I had to return to the stage door and see if we could get one more signed. Tonight, about an hour before the show was scheduled to end, we got to the stage door and stood with all the other die-hards. The anticipation for Daniel's arrival was incredible. Everyone there had How to Succeed playbills for him to sign, and a few even brought Harry Potter stuff, that is, until I warned them that he really didn't like the shoving of Harry Potter stuff in his face. I, however, was the only one with a genuine Equus playbill (post to come on that experience).

But before Daniel came out, Chris J. Hanke came out, and was as sweet as ever, he smiled, signed everyone's stuff and was absolutely adorable.
Christopher J. Hanke at the stage door
In fact, tonight Rose Hemingway even came out to sign playbills! If only I had brought mine...
Rose Hemingway at the stage door (Sorry, bad cell phone pics!)
And finally, Daniel came out. Of course there was the usual rush and bustle, a few people screaming and crying. Still, I didn't have such great expectations because of my experience from last time. I decided I wasn't going to have him sign my Equus playbill, thinking it would be weird. But, just as he was passing by, I went out on a limb and put it out for him to sign. He looked very surprised, but then smiled and said, "Wow Equus!" I then went on to tell him that he was incredible in it and how much I loved that performance. He then looked straight at me with those piercing blue eyes (teenage-girl moment of adoration) and said he really appreciates it and "Cheers".

Now, I am left with a healed memory of Daniel Radcliffe, a few seconds of dialogue with him and an Equus playbill with his signature dead center.
My wonderful Playbill
And of course, a few more pictures...
Daniel Radcliffe chaos
Close up of Daniel Radcliffe while he's signing playbills
For any of you out there who haven't seen How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying yet, you really should, it's really a wonderful show, not to mention how fun it is to see Harry Potter/Alan Strang singing and dancing... and of course the rest of the phenomenal cast and crew, truly great job!

I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!
    can I be named instead of "a friend"
    i follow this now so it would be okay right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, gah your plan to appear as an intellectual worked! SO MANY PROPS.

    ReplyDelete